Coastwise Corporation employees are the backbone of our company and their energy and professionalism allow us to create the state-of-the-art vessels that have made our company so successful.
5 Reasons to Join the Coastwise Team
- TALENT We hire the best and most creative talent. By doing so, Coastwise has become known as the vessel design leader in Alaska.
- RESPONSIBILITY Be an essential part of our team! Your skills will be an integral part of our work and directly contribute to the company’s success.
- COLLABORATION Each day our staff works together on projects where they can make a difference. Associates also work directly with vessel owners and shipyard personnel.
- RESOURCES We have a team workplace that fosters professional growth and development. Take advantage of easy access to senior members of the firm, and attend relevant industry training seminars.
- COMMUNITY Living in Alaska means access to “world class” outdoor recreation, fishing/hunting opportunities, and nearly 24 hours of daylight in the summer.
If Coastwise sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings
Naval Architect/Marine Engineer
Coastwise Corporation, a small naval architecture/marine engineering firm, has an opening for a Naval Architect/Marine Engineer. Our firm provides high caliber, personalized marine design services and we are looking for a new team member. We are willing to consider candidates with a wide range of professional experience, for roles from production engineer to principal partner.
The Naval Architect/Marine Engineer is responsible for performing all variety of tasks as necessary to successfully and efficiently design, build, and modify marine vessels. Primary tasks are: stability, structure, and vessel design. Assigned tasks may include: drafting, weight estimates, intact and damaged stability calculations, regulatory rules research, hull form design, resistance calculations, propulsion, vessel structure design, and limited design of piping systems. Applicant may also oversee construction of vessels and provide vessel construction support and port engineering services.
Salary depends on experience and is commensurate with US standard engineering wages.
Initial training/onboarding will occur in Anchorage, with the potential for hybrid work options. Hybrid workers are required to work part-time and travel in Alaska, which means that residency with proximity to Alaska (Pacific Northwest region) is desired.